Super Lawyers is a listing of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Attorneys are selected using a rigorous, multiphase rating process. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third party research.
The objective of Super Lawyers is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys that can be used as a resource for attorneys and consumers searching … Read the rest
1. Check when the order became effective. If you are employed, the withholding order on your wages will not be instantaneous, which means that you are responsible for paying child support directly to CSEA until the withholding order is in place, otherwise arrears will accumulate.
2. Do not pay child support directly to the other parent! Money paid directly to the other parent will be considered a gift and will not go towards your child support obligation.
3. Check how much the order is for. The amount will differ depending on whether you are providing health insurance for the child or not. If you … Read the rest
1. Gather current and past income documentation, including pay stubs, employer statements, receipts and expense vouchers related to self-generated income, tax returns with supporting documentation and schedules, and verification of health insurance coverage in advance of the Hearing.
2. Gather supporting documentation for factors that necessitate adjustments (reduction) to your income and child support including union dues, uniform fees, court-ordered child support paid for other children, court-ordered spousal support paid to another spouse, amount of local income tax, child… Read the rest
Who has custody of a child born to unmarried parents?
Under Ohio law, when an unmarried woman gives birth to a child, she is the sole residential parent and legal custodian of the child unless and until a Court issues an order designated another person as the residential parent and legal custodian.
How can a father become the legal custodian of a child or obtain visitation rights?
First, the father must establish paternity. Paternity can be established in a number of ways.
… Read the rest
- Acknowledgment of Paternity Affidavit- Typically this is signed at the hospital at the time of the child’s birth, but can