The Perla Law Firm blog, http://www.perlalaw.com/blog/, featuring legal information that you can use, has hit 100 posts! Blog posts feature helpful legal information for consumers on issues of Estate Planning and Probate, Family Law, Long Term Care/Medicaid Planning and provides updates regarding our office and staff.
We welcome everyone to utilize the search button on our blog to find Ohio focused information concerning your legal questions. Please remember that there is no replacement for consulting directly with our office regarding your particular situation and needs. … Read the rest
What are your biggest fears as you face aging? The following are 3 widespread aging fears that you may be struggling with:
1. Running out of money.
2. Becoming a burden to your family.
3. Losing control of your life, ie. being forced to move into a nursing home.
What can you do to quash these fears?
Step One is to take stock of your situation.
1. Finances- Take a piece of paper or spreadsheet and list your assets, debts, and income.
2. Health- Do you have any current health problems or, given your family history, do you have any health expectations?
3. Goals- What lifestyle do you envision? If your… Read the rest
Medicare Part A provides limited coverage for skilled nursing care if certain requirements are met. However, even if your care is Medicare Part A eligible, it only covers the cost of a skilled nursing facility for up to 20 days, with the possibility of an additional 80 days on a co-payment basis. The average nursing home stay is 2.4 years.
Beyond the limited time that Medicare Part A will cover care is the simple fact that it does not cover the majority of nursing home care because most residents of a nursing home do not require skilled care, which is a prerequisite for Medicare Part A coverage. … Read the rest